Subscribe by Email
Like us on Facebook!
Latest on Facebook
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Category Archives: Visual Arts
By David Pasley, UNC Law 2017 Letters to a Lifer: the Boy “Never to be Released” by Cindy Sanford, with a foreword by Jeanne Bishop, is a powerful and touching narrative that illustrates the folly of life sentences for juvenile … Continue reading
The title of this post is the title of the final volume of Susan Madden Lankford’s trilogy on interlinked social issues. Here is a description: Susan Lankford’s latest book is Born, Not Raised: Voices from Juvenile Hall, which a recent review in … Continue reading
Photographer Richard Ross has produced an amazing series of images, including the one to the left, documenting the experiences of children in detention facilities in thirty states. A book featuring these photos is forthcoming, and there is a blog with comments … Continue reading