Subscribe by Email
Like us on Facebook!
Latest on Facebook
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Category Archives: National Politics
My latest column, which also appears in the Huffington Post and Juvenile Justice Information Exchange: During this election season, my young daughters posed many questions that were difficult to answer. What’s the difference between Democrats and Republicans? Do politicians tell … Continue reading
As we know, nearly half of Americans currently live in poverty or are very close to it. Yet, I knew better than to expect that either President Obama or Governor Romney would take any time at last night’s debate to … Continue reading