Subscribe by Email
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Category Archives: Mental Health
Although there is plenty to be excited about in terms of the recent strides made in the area of LGBT marriage rights, there is still a tremendous amount of work to be done for LGBT kids. One of the largest … Continue reading
Growing Up in Locked Down: Youth in Solitary Confinement in Jails and Prisons Across the United States
The title of this post is the title of an important new report issued by Human Rights Watch and the ACLU, which may be summarized as follows: Every day, in jails and prisons across the United States, young people under the … Continue reading
In partnership with several juvenile justice advocates around the country, Cathryn Crawford, a national expert in juvenile and criminal justice, has edited a new book entitled Promise Unfulfilled: Juvenile Justice in America (IDEA 2012). Through a combination of original and reprinted articles … Continue reading