Subscribe by Email
Like us on Facebook!
Latest on Facebook
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
- Right to Counsel in Nonpayment Hearings
Monthly Archives: February 2013
During my ten years practicing in juvenile delinquency court, I’ve been struck by the overwhelming number of cases in which youth readily confess to police — often school resource officers. Sophisticated interrogation techniques are usually not required. The officer need … Continue reading