Subscribe by Email
Like us on Facebook!
Latest on Facebook
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
- Right to Counsel in Nonpayment Hearings
Daily Archives: January 20, 2013
With the 2012 Supreme Court decision in Miller v. Alabama, striking down mandatory JLWOP for homicide, there has been increased optimism that the U.S. has turned a corner in the inhumane sentencing of youth. Although the decision did not affect … Continue reading