Subscribe by Email
Like us on Facebook!
Latest on Facebook
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
- Right to Counsel in Nonpayment Hearings
Monthly Archives: January 2013
The title of this post is the title of a notable new law review essay by Professor Elizabeth Scott of Columbia Law School, which is forthcoming in the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law. The article is posted and available via … Continue reading
The title of this post is the title of the Florida Juvenile Justice Association’s 2013 Adolescent Conference planned for February 19-20, 2013, in Orlando, Florida. The conference schedule features two dynamic keynote speakers, a wide choice of among 30 … Continue reading
The title of this post is the title of an excellent op-ed by my colleagues and friends, Professor Barbara Fedders of University of North Carolina School of Law and Jason Langberg, staff attorney and director of the Push Out Prevention Project at … Continue reading
With the 2012 Supreme Court decision in Miller v. Alabama, striking down mandatory JLWOP for homicide, there has been increased optimism that the U.S. has turned a corner in the inhumane sentencing of youth. Although the decision did not affect … Continue reading