Subscribe by Email
Like us on Facebook!
Latest on Facebook
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Daily Archives: September 2, 2012
My husband, Peter (poet/blogger, nature photographer, block party DJ), recently introduced me to the wonderful online magazine, The Rumpus, where there are two articles that I wanted to share with folks. The first is by Amy Cheney, a librarian in … Continue reading
The importance of educating those in prison cannot be overemphasized. I found the following “infographic” from onlineclasses.org (via the Prison Culture blog) and while this outfit clearly has an economic incentive to promote off-site learning, the message is absolutely legitimate.