Subscribe by Email
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Daily Archives: July 5, 2012
The other day my young teenage client arrived in juvenile court wearing a black t-shirt emblazoned with the words, “FLIPPING THE BIRD” (see image on left). Of course I knew it was a pun on the wildly-popular game, Angry Birds … Continue reading
Earlier this week, The New York Times published an editorial, A Moral Right to Counsel, on the next steps states and the federal government should take to implement Miller v. Alabama: About 2,000 juvenile offenders serving life sentences without parole can … Continue reading