Subscribe by Email
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Daily Archives: June 28, 2012
Just received the very disappointing news that the North Carolina bill to raise the age of juvenile court jurisdiction from 16 to 18 has again failed to progress in the General Assembly. Heartbreaking for the children of this state. And shameful … Continue reading
I just received the latest Criminal Justice Section Newsletter from the A.B.A., and I was glad to be reminded of their website, www.beforeyouplea.com. It lists the collateral consequences of juvenile delinquency adjudications in such areas as education, employment, and public benefits. The site has … Continue reading