Subscribe by Email
- Teaching at a Women’s Prison
- Will Supreme Court Decision be Death Knell for Juvenile Life without Parole?
- Time to End our Modern-Day Debtors’ Prisons
- Prosecuting Children who are Delinquent by Reason of Poverty
- Juvenile Law Center Seeks Staff Attorney
- Recommended Juvenile Justice Reading around the Web
- Why are Armed Police Officers Still in Our Schools?
- Youth Justice Leadership Institute: Now Accepting Applications
- When a Clock is Only a Clock: Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Book Review: Letters to a Lifer — the Boy “Never to be Released”
Daily Archives: June 19, 2012
The title of this post is the title of this interesting new piece by Professor Hillary B. Farber (UMass), which is available via SSRN. Here is the abstract: Over the past six years, the United States Supreme Court has carved … Continue reading
As you are likely aware, the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral argument on March 20, 2012, on two cases, Miller v. Alabama and Jackson v. Hobbs, addressing whether life without parole sentences can be imposed on juveniles convicted of homicide. … Continue reading
The Crime Report is an excellent source for information about criminal justice, and its journalists regularly post pieces related to youth. This recent report examines the experiences of minors charged as adults and sentenced to long terms in adult prisons. Here is an excerpt: … Continue reading